The beauty of the holiday season is that late gifts are as welcomed—if not more so—than the ones you get on time. So if you see something here that you want to grab for that special person who loves to adorn their home with beautiful things, don't feel bad about it being last-minute. They'll love you just the same.
1. The Unysn Elm Black Table Lamp ($245) has simple yet sophisticated beauty. Its unique asymmetrical tripod base is produced from solid Chinese repurposed wood, with natural designs and authentic charm. From the online company, Pure Home, who knows that curating a home takes a lot more than just picking and buying pretty things (although we all know that part is the most fun). We like them especially because hey pride themselves in helping their customers have a space to relax, play, be creative, and create memories. What's more important than that!?
2. ESKAYEL is one of our favorite textile shops. Though they're not local, it's hard to not fall in love with their ethereal hand-dyed wool rugs, linen pillows, and wallpaper made in downtown Brooklyn. The Madagascar rug ($200 per sq ft) is made of banana silk in Nepal then hand-dyed. Often times it can be customarily dyed to your liking—WANT!
If you are looking to pick up and see in some amazingly cozy rugs in person, Peace Industry, in the Mission District, is the perfect place to start. Melina and Dodd Raissnia (owners and designers) make their rugs in Turkey where they have perfected the best methods for producing the highest quality felt rugs from 100% lamb's wool and natural dyes. They are hand-made in small batches insuring that each piece is unique and exceptional in quality. They are earth-friendly, chemical-free, and fair trade. Custom colors and sizes are available, too!
3. The Natural Himmeli ($25) modern hanging mobiles that also double as ornaments, are styled after a Finnish tradition. These small sculptural himmelis are delicate in its design but carry a strong geometric pattern that is all the current rave in the design world. They are the perfect size to adorn the holiday tree or collect a large bare branch to display them from year round. A lovely minimalist addition to any space.
4. The Eero Saarinen's 1946 Womb chair ($3,282), made exclusively for Knoll is now redesigned to be sustainable, setting new standards for the modern throwback design. The Womb chair is available in three sizes and the standard and medium size have an accompanying ottoman. Upholstery is available in a wide range of KnollTextiles and Spinneybeck leather that are GREENGUARD qualified for Indoor Air Quality Certified® for low-emitting products. Perfect.
5. Candles, scented oils and smell goods are hands-down what we see and want most during the holidays. These birch candles are simple, but also easy to make yourself if you happen to have a healthy supply of lumber scraps. Candles and oils is an easy way to create a sanctuary in your home. One of our favorite sanctuaries that is also a great place to stop by to pamper yourself or a loved one, is Le Sanctuaire, voted Best Of The Bay for their facial. This boutique, located in Petrero Hill, specializes in skin care, skin care products, and being passionate about creating results through purity, balance, and compassion.
6. All we want is peace—to eat well and to be merry! A great reminder, in plate form, is the Gold Peace Sign Salad Plate ($21) designed by Murval of Paris. Host the ones you love at a dinner party with these beauties and you may not get everyone to agree , but you'll get a taste of what peace is like while everyone quiets down to eat whatever delicious nom noms are on their plates.
Looking for a fun and local place to find perfect holiday gifts like the peace place? Look no further than our our coveted shops, perch, walking distance from our office in Glen Park! Luckily perch will be open Monday, 12/24 from 10 am - 5 pm for all your last-minute shopping needs. You'll be able to find local San Francisco crafted purfumes, ceremics, coasters, wrapping papers, olive oils, and all sorts of treasures.
7. We're going to let you in on our little secret and Paige's current interior design crush, THE NWBLK (The New Black). The Prometheus hanging chandelier ($5,710) is sure to instantly be the stunning jewel of any home. The Diamond Ring light (also Paige's favorite and designed by Christopher Boots) is another creation you can find at NWBLK. They offer an array of uniquely handcrafted furniture and high-end interior decor created and shown in the former American Can Co. headquarters on 1999 Bryant Street.
Do you know what you're doing for NYE? Celebrate the last New Year of the age in a compelling environment curated by The NWBLK. Hosted by San Francisco’s premiere party gal Juanita MORE! with music and atmosphere by the team known as BLAKSHEEP MUSIC – Derek Bobus & Ken Vulsion. Benefitting Folsom Street Events. The night features a complimentary champagne toast at midnight, $5 cocktails, late-night eats, a performance by Glamamore and dancing until dawn. Purchase tickets designed to appeal to your personal drink preference.
Oh, but there's more, our Vintage Stop Shop post is a great place to look for more interior design shops in the area that will help you upgrade your home with some charm in time for holiday guests. Do lock-in our Pinterest page under your bookmarks. You'll find over a thousand inspiring designs for your home, recipes for your mouth and great ideas to feasts your eyes on. Happy Holidays!